Avanti Dance Company has taken the dance community by storm! Starting our third season now, we are proud to have achieved so much in such a short amount of time. We are all about bringing the best out of each and every student, developing versatile artists with a strong technical background. Our instructors are successful professional dancers and choreographers in their own right and love being able to work with every student guiding their development and encouraging self confidence. Each instructor brings their own diverse training background and ingenious choreographic work to the students at Avanti.
What makes us unique?
- Bigger isn’t always better: We are all about smaller classes where each dancer receives personal attention and is nurtured to reach their full potential. This is not always possible in class settings with a large number of students. Our class size generally averages eight to twenty students depending on age and level, if the class size reaches capacity a wait list is started. Instructors are able to develop a relationship with each student in a smaller setting and take a “hands on” approach to making appropriate corrections early on helping attain proper technique. The added benefits to this format include a closer bond with instructors and fellow students, dancers feel included and important, dancers gain more confidence, are able to improve more quickly and dancers are ENCOURAGED and CHALLENGED!
- Technique: A successful foundation must be built on proper body alignment and technique. Although we are a “commercial dance” facility we provide some the best growth opportunities in our dance program which has a strong emphasis on ballet. Dancers have options to take many ballet and technique classes weekly which allows for greater progression.
- Artistry: We encourage each dancer to tap into the passion within and be fearless. Developing movement and performance quality is just as important to us as the student’s technical training. Dancers grow by being challenged through choreography, improvisation, interpretation and musicality. Our instructors dance with our students demonstrating style, precision and technique.
- Professionalism: Our team of staff is dedicated to making your experience with Avanti be the best it can be. We encourage and support each and every dancer and his/her family. We provide a warm, welcoming environment where everyone knows you. You are not just another number to us!
- Programs: We offer multifaceted programs that include dance training in Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Contemporary, Classical Ballet, Modern, Musical Theater as well as a Tumbling/Acrobatics and Aerial Dance program. There is something for everyone. We provide preschool, home school and traditional programs (day/evening classes) as well as master classes, intensive training workshops and summer camps. Students are able to perform in two showcases annually, in addition to performances at local community events. Students looking for a greater challenge and more performance opportunities can audition for our national winning pre-professional performance company (competition team).
- Facility: We have three well equipped dance rooms all with top of the line sprung marley floors which minimizes impact on growing bodies and joints reducing the occurrence of injury to dancers. A comfortable parent lounge where parents can view their children from our video monitors, large viewing windows in our front dance room, a dressing room for female dancers, microwave, two refrigerators for students meals and snack, Wifi for parents and students who need to work on homework between classes and a vending machine with water and snacks.